Monday, January 16, 2012

New Year, New Promises

Alrighty.... So my attempt at blogging last year was a bit of a joke. But never fear, I've made a resolution to submit one blog post once a month for the entire year. Seeing as it's still January, I've been 100% successful so far! There's a lot you all missed out on last year, so please forgive me for going all the way back to October to get caught up. I normally wouldn't, but our Halloween costumes were so stinkin' awesome that I have to put up a couple pictures! Props to my sister in law Sarah for the awesome make up!



If you can't tell, we're frozen Titanic victims. I know. It's ok to be jealous.


We had fun at our ward Halloween carnival scaring all of the kids.

Although we did feel a bit awkward when they had the "costume parade" to be judged and Mark and I were the only people above the age of 13... Never fear, we still won the prize for scariest costume, and accepted our candy bar prize with honor.

Let's fast forward to December (I have nothing to report for November, since that was the month we bought our house and have yet to have a room complete enough for me to publish a picture). Actually, scratch that comment. We did buy brand spanking new stainless steel appliances! They are my pride and joy. And once our kitchen cabinets are painted and the counter tops are replaced, I think it might just be my favorite room of the entire house...


December brought Christmas music and delicious goodies... but no Christmas tree! We just had too many other things to do, too many boxes to unpack, and not enough room for it anyway. We figured since we don't have kids we didn't need to get the house all fancy for nobody! Sure, I was little sad that it didn't feel like Christmas, but I did make an amazing gingerbread house! And I'm not talking one of those crappy ones that come in a box (no offense to those of you who use them... haha!). I mean, I made and baked the gingerbread myself, and used super advanced techniques to hold that sucker together while it was drying!


I even made two, so that I could have good company and conversation while they were being decorated.




And here's the final product! I was pretty excited about it.


Although, I'll have to find a bigger base for next year, because I need to have room to make a yard!


And last but not least, we sailed to warm weather and blue waters with family and friends for our cruise to the Bahamas. It was a BLAST. I've been wanting to post about it for a while, but I was waiting to get pictures from other couples that went. That never happened. So we're going to make do with the ones that I had off of our camera. They'll do.

I've got two words to describe the best shore excursion I've ever done: Off-road Segways. Seriously, it was amazing.


Plus you look really cool when you're doing it.... ha!


Halfway into our segway tour, we stopped and frolicked in the beach. I know someone has better pictures of the water, but this will do. It was seriously so beautiful! We found some old pieces of coral and used them as our reindeer antlers. It was so hard to believe it was December, the weather was amazing.


Here we are in our Paul Blart poses.


And this picture sums up the hilarity of the entire cruise.


We even got fancy one night.

After the cruise, we had almost an entire day to play around Orlando. We decided to go to the Ripley's museum, which was a huge success!


I mean, come on. We're pretty much just as cool as this guy.


I figured I should put this in, because I'm a country girl now. And huge tractor tires are just plain sexy.


Everyone should own one of these. I felt like a little kid again!


And finally, Mark got up close and personal with the lizard man.

All in all, it was a great end to a great year. I'm looking forward to another year full of growing and learning, and hope to keep up with my goal of posting once a month, so you all can grow with us!

4 comments:

  1. Way fun post, Cori! We miss you guys tons and hope you are loving your new house! The appliances look awesome and so does your cruise! What a perfect December vacation! Happy New Year - we'll have to set up a game night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love the blog! you guys crack me up and yes like Cami said we definitely need to hang out again soon! Still want to come see that fun new house of yours! :) You inspired me to do 1 blog post a month this year too...so thanks for the inspiration! I have been a horrible blogger in the past and need to do it again, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Halloween costumes! We know exactly what you mean with the Christmas decorations, we seem to do that most years that we don't have the girls up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA Love the Paul Blart poses. Totally jealous about the off roading segway-ing. I would probably be the one to fly by and then fall off though. Also, your costumes make you a Grade A terrible person. Haha, love ya.

    ReplyDelete