Sunday, November 6, 2011

In The Beginning...

You know those super cute girls that post stuff on their blogs all the time and have in depth paragraphs about how amazing their lives are? The girls that do crafts and take artsy pictures and seem like they have hours to post things on their blogs? I'm not one of them. Not because I don't have the time--because I'm pretty sure that I'd have plenty of time to blog all day long if I cut back on Project Runway reruns and didn't do any of my laundry. I just don't know how to work this stupid thing! So please be patient as I learn how to work this blog. I'm still even wondering if anyone will actually read it, but I guess as long as it serves it's purpose of letting me vent and post pictures every now and then, it will have all been worth it. So welcome to the first post of my first blog! Glad to have you. :)

As many of you know from my recent Facebook post, Mark and I bought our first house last week! We are so excited to make it our own. We'll hone our design skills, and hopefully hone our relationship skills along the way as well. We went up after church this morning and started the long process of cleaning and painting before we move in any of our stuff. A BIG thank you to Sarah and Bode for all of their help in getting us started. It'll be a work in progress for a while, since Mark and I have a lot of ambitious projects to improve our humble abode. Here are a few pictures to get you intrigued as to what we'll be doing with it in the next coming year...

Here's the view from the front door. Bode did a great job cleaning in between the rails on the stairs!

This is taken from the bottom of the stairs, looking into the main living room. The door to the right goes to the master bedroom.



The view of the main living room from the kitchen. I actually really like the fireplace! Even though you don't really need one in Texas...

Here's the kitchen from the view of where our table will go. There are windows to the left of me, and the pantry and hallway to the laundry room is to the right.


A view from the living room into the kitchen.

Here's our master bath. Don't worry, the hideous curtains and shower door have already been removed... We have two huge closets and two sinks. I'm pretty sure this bathroom is the same size as my bedroom of our current apartment. I'm so excited to move in!

This is taken from the landing half way up the stairs.

Here's our media room at the top of the stairs.

This is one of the two bedrooms upstairs. Despite the picture, they are actually pretty large.

The upstairs bathroom.

Here's our backyard! The area that's fenced isn't huge, but it opens to these huge soccer fields, and we have a gate that gives us access to them whenever we want. There are walking trails all around the area too. Who knows, maybe I'll actually start working out...

7 comments:

  1. niiice Cory! I'm excited to read about your homeowner adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! And I am super excited to read your blog. With your wit I am sure you will have many great posts to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice place & good luck with the blog!
    Emily M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home is beautiful, and I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing a happy dance for you! Even though I'm absolutely positive you have already done one for yourself. :) Congratulations - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see a picture of the outside! The house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete